Eligibility. Eligibility. Male and female Tamborine Mountain Golf Club members, who are 55 years of age and over, are eligible to apply to join the Tamborine Mountain Veterans Golf Club.
Weekly competitions. Weekly Wednesday competitions comprise individual stroke and stableford events, team aggregate, four-ball better ball (4BBB) and ambrose events. Competitions are arranged to commence with a shotgun start of all competitors in order to promote a convivial atmosphere for the members during the post-match prizes ceremony. Weekly competitions are as displayed in the veterans program. Tee off times vary with the seasons, which are generally:
• 7.30 AM during the spring and summer months (commencing at the start of September and concluding at the end of April); and
• 8.00 AM during the autumn and winter months (commencing at the start of May and concluding at the end of August).
Annual Golfing Program. The Veterans Golf annual program is incorporated in the published Tamborine Mountain Golf Club Annual Golf Program.
Annual competitions. Special competitions are held annually for which winners are recognised with perpetual trophies, or Honour Board inscriptions. Each competition format is available by clicking on the following links:
• Medal of Medals Information is yet to be uploaded.
• Bert Dawkins Trophy Information is yet to be uploaded
• Veterans Cup Information is yet to be uploaded
• Veterans Championship Information is yet to be uploaded
• Monthly Merit Award Information is yet to be uploaded
• Peter Dent Trophy Information is yet to be uploaded
Weekly Newsletter. The Veterans Golf Club committee publishes a weekly Newsletter in order to inform members of the latest match results and advertise future events.
Visitors. Visitors, with a Golf Australia (GA) handicap, are welcome to enter all Wednesday competitions. Only bona fide veteran golfers (members of any state Veterans’ Golf Association) are eligible to win the weekly major prizes. Visitors are also eligible to win Nearest the Pin (NTP) and Approach Shot prizes.